Saturday, August 18, 2012

Finished dark brown stays!

So, I'm finished with the dark brown stays! I added the very last linen lining panel to them yesterday but we already took some pictures of the stays a couple of days ago. I've basically said everything I wanted to say about these stays in earlier posts so now it's just time for the photos. :)

In case you're wondering, the materials used were: dark brown cotton twill for the outer layers, linen for the inner layers and for the lining, white cotton twill tape for binding and 5 mm cable ties for boning. Also, there are four 7mm metal bones altogether, two in the front and two in the back.

By the way, these tabs were actually much more easier to bind than the more rounded ones, at least to me. I used twill tape for my stays for the first time and the binding part wasn't as hard as it has been before.

The edges of the back panels won't close as closely as they used to. After adding the lining the stays wouldn't stretch as much as before. Or then I just gained a little weight during the summer, which is very probable as well. Anyhow, I'm just happy the gap is even.

As you can see in the photo below, the stays won't lie completely flat on the floor.

I'm so relieved to have finished these stays, even if stays in general are lot of fun for me. It's just that I haven't had much time to sew anything else than stays this year. So I'm very excited to finally get started with some dresses very soon!